7 Easy ways to remove of Acne scars
Acne is the most common problem nowadays. Most of the people are facing problems related to acne and acne scars which are caused due to acne. Acne scars leave their impression not only on the face but also on other areas of the body.
Acne scars are actually part of the healing process. After acne has cleared, the skin attempts to correct the damage that’s been done by the blemish. By producing collagen, it heals the skin. Too little collagen, and you’re left with a concave scar. Too much, and you’ll have a raised scar. The best way to ignore getting pimples is by preventing breakouts and a balanced diet. However they may get rid with some home remedies and medical treatment.
Some of the reasons for acne are hormonal changes, stress, menses, oil based cosmetics, some type of medication. Acne causes mainly due to the excess oil secretion by the body, Pores of the skin are clogged by oil and/or dead skin cells, Bacterial infection. Here are some of the natural and home remedies for treating acne scars.
1. Orange Peel Powder Mask
Orange is one of the citrus fruits. The citric acid present in orange helps in lightening the acne marks and brightens the skin. The powder of orange peel is widely used as a face mask to get rid of acne scars.
- Dry the orange peel in the sun and grind it in to powder.
- Take 1 tablespoon of orange peel powder and 1 tablespoon honey in a bowl and mix them well until no lumps.
- Apply this mixture evenly on the face and let it dry for 10-15 minutes and wash with lukewarm water.
- Apply this mask for alternative days to get better results.
2. Papaya Face Mask
Papaya is rich in vitamins and minerals. It is not only good for health it also helps in removing acne scars. Most of the beauty and skin care products use papaya as an essential ingredient. The enzymes papain and chymopapain in papaya decrease inflammation. The protein dissolving papain helps to reduce acne by removing dead skin cells that can clog pores. It is also rich in vitamin A which helps in prevention and treatment of acne.
- Mix the ripe papaya pulp with tomato pulp and honey and stir the mixture until uniformly mixed.
- Apply this paste as a mask and leave it for half an hour.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Try this mask once a day to get better results.
3. Aloevera gel
Aloe vera is a plant from a succulent family. It grows in wide range of climatic and topographic conditions. The gel inside the aloe vera leaf helps in brightening skin and treating acne scars. The antibacterial properties of aloe vera helps in treating acne and its scars. You can use the gel directly from the plant or use aloe vera gels or creams available in the market.
- Cleanse your face and dry it with a soft towel.
- Apply a thin layer of aloe vera gel on the entire face and leave until it is dried completely.
- Then wash with lukewarm water followed by a regular skin care routine.
- To treat acne, apply the aloe vera gel to the face and leave it overnight and wash in the morning to get better results.
- Follow this daily for two to three weeks to get better results.
4. Lemon and Honey mask
Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C. It plays a major role in the skin care routine. Vitamin C helps to maintain skin glow and texture. It also helps in treating acne. Honey is also known for its skin brightening properties. Combination of these two products will help in reducing acne and its scars, maintaining skin moisture.
- Take 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and mix them well.
- Apply this mixture only on the scars and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Then wash off with plain water and apply moisturiser.
- Use this twice in a week to get better results.
- Dilute the lemon juice with water. And avoid direct exposure to sunlight for sometime after application of this mask.
5. Rice Powder Scrub
Rice powder helps in the removal of acne scars and brightens the skin. The granules in the rice powder helps as exfoliators remove the excess oils and dust clogged in the pores. It also reduces the black and white heads also.
- Take 2 spoons of rice powder and 1 spoon of curd and a pinch of turmeric powder and make it into thick paste. If you don’t like curd you can use water also.
- Apply this mixture entirely on the skin, and rub in circular movements especially areas with acne marks.
- Leave it for 10- 15 minutes and then wash off with plain water and follow your daily skin care routine.
- Use this twice a week. Use this only when there are no pimples or rashes on skin.
6. Besan Face Scrub
Besan face scrub is similar to rice powder scrub. Besan is one of the oldest techniques in India for skin care. It exfoliates the skin and helps in reducing the excess oils and dust and dead skin cells.
- Take two tablespoons of besan in a bowl and add a few drops of milk and mix it until there are no lumps.
- Apply this on the face and rub in circular motions.
- Completely rub the mixture and then wash with lukewarm water followed by a daily skin care routine.
- Use this for alternative days to see good results.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar helps in reducing the acne and its scars. It contains Acetic, Citric, Lactic Acid which helps in preventing bacteria. However you have to be careful while using ACV on your skin as it contains high acetic content. It can be used in various forms such as mixing with water, lemon, honey, tea tree oil, etc. The easiest recipe is ACV with water.
- Dilute apple cider vinegar with water in 1:3 ratio and apply this on to the face evenly and let it leave for one minute and then clean with plain water and pat with a dry towel.
- Apply this everyday for one month to get results. Sometimes it takes more than a month also.
- It is a must to apply your routine moisturiser as the apple cider vinegar makes the skin dry.
- Make sure to dilute the ACV as the concentration may affect the skin. If you get irritated after applying on your face then increase the water quantity.
To know more about apple cider vinegar