How to get Silky and Smooth Hair Naturally at home
Hair care is the most important thing in today’s day to day life. It is always proven that shiny and silky hair is the major goal for many girls. Having silky hair is something not every person is born with. And also your hair may become dry and brittle if your diet is not healthy or if you use hair products that are not meant for your hair type. The increasing pollution also causes hair to lose its natural tendency and results in hair fall. So we have to take extra care and put some effort into our hair to retain its originality.
The outer layer of your hair keeps it smooth and lustrous. Any damage done to the outer layer will make your hair look dull and dry. Due to ageing, lifestyle habits, or poor hair care techniques are some of the things that can damage your already delicate hair cuticles. Over time, natural oils may be stripped from your hair, which can lead to dryness. Still, this doesn’t mean you have to settle for dry, brittle hair.
If proper hair care routine is followed, we can definitely own healthy hair for sure. If you are longing for soft and silky hair check these home remedies for softer hair. Most people think that proper hair care involves using costly products. But most people are aware that simple home remedies and proper diet are sufficient to maintain our hair and retain its natural shine and colour. Here are some of the natural home remedies which make your hair strong and silky.
Applying Hot Oil
From the olden days hot oiling hair is always an effective way which promotes healthy and shiny hair. Hot oil treatment is an age-old technique that will help you nourish your hair, promote its healthy growth, repair split ends, avoid hair breakage, and prevent any further damage to your hair. Natural oils, such as coconut, castor, almond, and olive oil, work towards adding shine to your hair, as well as to restore moisture to dry and brittle hair.
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil or any other oil of your choice and heat it slightly so that your scalp doesn’t get hurt.
- Massage the oil gently onto the roots of the hair and then proceed up throughout the length of the hair.
- Massage the scalp for 15-20 minutes and let it sit for 2-3 hours and cover the hair with a damp towel or leave the hair overnight if you want.
- Then wash your hair with lukewarm water and use mild sulphate free shampoo followed by conditioner which suits your hair type.
- Repeat this once a week to get naturally long and silky hair.
Eggs are one of the best home remedies to treat dry hair. They are rich in vitamin A, D and E which helps in maintaining and improving the shine and texture of hair. Eggs contain hair growth proteins and help improve the overall health of hair. Moreover, the fatty acid content of eggs give all the nourishment for the hair which it needs, moisturise hair and make it shiny.
- Take 2 egg whites in a bowl and whisk it well until the foam appears.
- Add 2 spoons of curd or olive oil (these are not mandatory add if you require).
- Apply the mixture on the scalp and throughout the hair and leave for 1 hour and let it dry.
- Then rinse the hair with lukewarm water. Use sulfate-free shampoo followed by your regular conditioner.
- Repeat this once a week to get silky and shiny hair.
Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Mask
Apple cider vinegar helps in maintaining the pH level of your scalp, resulting in shiny and soft hair. This treatment helps get rid of dirt, oil, grime, and buildup from your hair. It is readily available in the market.
- Dilute one cup of apple cider vinegar with a cup of water and set it aside.
- Wash and condition your hair as your regular routine.
- Then pour the diluted apple cider vinegar to your hair and apply it throughout the hair.
- Let it sit for 2-3 hours and rinse with water.
- Repeat this once a week to get healthy hair.
To know more about apple cider vinegar
Yoghurt and Amla Hair Mask
Yoghurt contains vitamins like B% and D which are the prime source for the health of your hair. It also helps repair damaged hair. The lactic acid present in yoghurt helps hydrate your hair and also helps strip away the dead skin cells. Amla is rich in vitamin C which helps in aiding hair growth and gives healthy and thick hair.
- Take three tablespoons of yoghurt and two tablespoons of amla powder in a bowl and mix it well without forming lumps.
- Apply this mixture to your scalp and hair completely.
- Leave the hair for one hour.
- Then wash your hair with your regular shampoo and apply conditioner.
- Apply this mask twice in a week to get silky smooth hair.
Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera is a prominent home remedy for getting smooth and shiny hair. The enzymes present in aloe vera help in repairing damaged skin cells of the scalp. Aloe vera is a great conditioner, the moisture content of this ingredient helps to hydrate your hair and keep it conditioned throughout the day and makes hair smoother. Aloe vera also helps to reduce dandruff.
- Slice the aloe vera leaf and extract 2-3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel in a bowl.
- Add some water and stir well so that the aloe vera gets completely mixed with water.
- Apply this mixture gently onto your scalp and throughout the hair.
- Let it dry for one hour and then rinse with cold water. Use sulfate free shampoo followed by conditioner.
- Repeat this process for two to three times in a week for better results.
Avocado hair mask
Avocado is mainly considered as a dietary food due to its high nutritious value. But most people are aware that avocado is one of the best home remedy for hair growth. The mono-saturated fat present in this fruit is the very reason that avocado makes for an excellent hair mask ingredient.
- Take one ripe avocado and mash it completely and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil or almond oil and mix it well.
- Apply this mixture to your scalp and spread it all over the hair and cover the head with shower cap after complete application.
- Leave it for one hour and then rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water followed by your regular shampoo conditioner.
- Repeat this for twice a week to get effective results.
Onion Juice helps reduce hair fall, boost growth of the hair. Onion is also a rich source of nutrients such as biotin, manganese, flavonoids, vitamin c, phosphorus, folic acid and copper which protects hair and promotes growth of shiny and healthy hair.
- Extract juice from one onion and stain the juice. If needed add essential oils to remove smell.
- Spray the juice onto the scalp and hair completely.
- Let it sit for one hour and wash with lukewarm water
- Use your regular shampoo followed by conditioner.
- Repeat this for once in a week to get better results.
Necessary Precautions for Your Hair
- Invest in products which are chemical free and don’t cause any harm to your hair. Try to use natural and herbal shampoos and conditioners in which no chemicals are present and promote hair growth naturally.
- Use hair products which match your hair type and help in protecting its natural tendency.
- Always use cold or lukewarm water to wash your hair. Using hot water may cause damage to skin cells and also causes split ends.
- Prefer wide-tooth comb or boar bristle brush. It is advisable to use a wooden comb for better results.
- Always cut the edges of hair for once in two months to avoid split ends.
- Avoid hair straighteners and dryers. The heat produced by such devices removes the moisture content in the hair and results in damage.
- Over washing your hair can make the hair dull and cause hair fall. It is advisable to wash 2-3 times a week